It is that time again, folks! Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day! :)
This time my Foodie Pen Pal was Ashlee.
I opened my box, and these are the goodies that were awaiting me...
- A bella chocolate nut raw bar- This was 100% new territory for me. I did eat most of this right before a workout. It is very heavy on the dates, but was tasty. It is probably not something I would have ever bought myself, but it was nice to branch out and try something a little healthier.
- Matt's Munchies Ginger Spice Fruit Snacks- These by far are my favorite thing from my Foodie Pen Pal box this month. These were like little spicy, sweet fruit roll-ups. ;)
- Beanitos Pinto Beans & Flax Chips- Okay, I was REALLY skeptical about these. While I am not a junk food junkie, I am also not a health food nut. But these were surprisingly yummy. They actually reminded me of those wonton strips you get with your Egg Drop soup at the Chinese take-out. ;)
- Organic Fair Trade Raw Honey
- Warrior Food Vanilla Enhanced Protein Powder- Okay, I am absolutely clueless about what to do with this one. Do any of you all have some suggestions? Ashlee didn't include a note with my package to give me some pointers with it, so any ideas is greatly appreciated.
- 18-in-1 Rose Pure Castille Soap sample- I am pretty sure I am not supposed to eat this one, right? ;)
This month's Foodie Pen Pal goodies definitely forced me into some new culinary territory. Some of it was a pleasant surprise. Other parts of it are still leaving me shrugging my shoulders a bit.
Basically, Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean matches up hundreds of participants each month to be foodie penpals. On the 5th of each month, the matches are revealed. You have until the 15th of the month to get your foodie goodies together and mail them out to your penpal. (By the way, the limit for the penpal boxes is $15 so it doesn't break the bank for those of us on a budget. ;) ) On the last day of the month, you post on your blog about the amazing foodie finds you received from your penpal. That's it!
Of course there are some guidelines and rules, and you can find all of that plus how to sign up for October by clicking the giant button below.