I was super excited when Suzy from Not a Fertile Myrtle (also my super talented blog designer from Blog Sites by Suzy) emailed me about co-hosting a holiday ornament exchange with her. Ever since I was a little girl, my mother has given me a new ornament every Christmas. I have carried on this same tradition with my son. We started with a yearly Hallmark train ornament set, and when he outgrew that I started getting him an ornament that best represented whatever he was interested in that past year. I have also started a tradition of collecting pretty glass ornaments for myself from Pier 1 every year. I wait until the day after Christmas and hit their clearance sale that morning. I allow myself just one pretty ornament each year, and it isn't always easy to narrow it down to just one!
So, yes... I love ornaments! And I couldn't help but think how an ornament exchange would be a fun way to expand my collection even more. ;)
- Starting today, you can sign up using this online form. You don't have to have a blog to participate. You can participate even if you are only on twitter. This is open to US and Canada only.
- The price range to spend is $7-$10.
- You are able to sign up through December 2. The entries will close at midnight that day.
- Once we have all the entries, we will match you up with an ornament exchange buddy. We will email your match to you on December 4.
- You will have until December 10 to put your ornament in the mail. This way everyone receives theirs in time to enjoy it through the holiday season.
- When you get your ornament from your buddy, tweet or post a picture of it to share! We will even have a link party so everyone can see all those lovely ornaments for the big reveal!