This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and TurboTax, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #TurboTaxACA http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Tax filing season is here, folks. I know, I know... maybe there are a million other things that you wish that I was posting about today instead of the dreaded filing of the taxes. But we all have to face it at some point between now and April 15th, so let's just take a deep breath now and vow to make filing this year's tax returns as painless, stress free, and as enjoyable as we possibly can- okay? ;)
Filing my tax returns has become somewhat even more of a challenge for me this year as my blogging has now become a full-time, work-at-home gig for me. Filing as sole proprietor versus just plopping my name and social security number on a joint return with my husband requires a tad bit more work, my friends. And when we throw in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) changes that will affect our filing of those 2014 returns? Can you all picture me curled up in a ball in a corner right about now?
Thankfully, I discovered the TurboTax Health site! Whether you are insured through your employer, insured on your own, have Medicare/Medicaid, or are just not insured at all, TurboTax can walk you through the process in easy to understand terms. And if you are already insured and use TurboTax for filing your 2014 returns, making sure you are in line with the new ACA tax changes can be as easy as checking a couple of boxes...
This year I am determined to breeze through the tax return filing process and keep my sanity at the same time. ;) To accomplish this, I have come up with 5 Tips for Taking the Stress Out of Filing Your 2014 Tax Returns...
1. Educate yourself before you file! Find out what you can deduct, which credits you may qualify for, and most importantly how exactly the Affordable Care Act will affect how you file your 2014 tax returns. You can find everything you need to know about the ACA requirements on the TurboTax Health site...
2. Be prepared and have everything ready to go before you start the tax return filing process. That means have all your W-9's, 1099's, tallied expenses, etc all organized and in front of you. Having to get up to go sift through mail and papers to find that one tax record you need mid-filing can mean you have to wait longer for that tax return to come, and who wants that? ;)
3. File for FREE. Yes, you heard me right. For free, folks. :) From now until February 16th, you can file for absolutely free if you have a simple return (1040A/EZ) and use TurboTax.com to file your 2014 tax return.
4. File as early as you can. In other words, don't procrastinate and wait until the very last minute! Nothing is more stressful than realizing the morning of April 15th that you need to file your taxes that day. Trying to rush a tax return can increase your chances of making errors that could result in getting back less from your tax return or possibly getting audited.
5. Make it enjoyable! Who says you can't treat yourself while filing your tax return? Play a little music and sip on a creamy and comforting mug of this Easy Chai Hot Chocolate while breezing through your 2014 returns with a little help from TurboTax. ;)
What is your top tip for taking the stress out of filing your tax returns?