My Foodie Penpal is a lucky gal who happens to live close to Virginia wine country and fabulous farmers markets. Here is what I received in my penpal package:
- Coconut Curry Cashews- Can I just say AH-MAZING? I didn't tell her this, but cashews are my favorite nut!
- Strawberry Long Island Loose Leaf Tea- I immediately brewed this blend for a pitcher of iced tea. It was delicious and refreshing!
- Ripe Peach White Balsamic Vinegar- I haven't had the opportunity to try this yet, but I have a few ideas. ;) Perhaps a nice light vinaigrette or a marinade? I may even try to make a sauce for grilled peaches with this.
- Homemade Strawberry Jam- Danielle used the same strawberries that a local winery near her uses to make their award winning strawberry wine. I am pretty excited about trying this on some fresh buttermilk biscuits soon!
- Homemade Apple Jelly- She and her fiance made this jelly from apples they bought at a local apple orchard last fall. :)
- Aurora Wine Jelly- Now this might be my most favorite thing in the entire package. This jelly is made from a chocolate raspberry wine that Danielle loves from a winery close to where she lives. She suggested that I try it with cream cheese, and I had to oblige. ;) I spread the jelly and cream cheese over waffles for breakfast the next morning. Delish! I also used the jelly in my new favorite quickie dessert- Chocolate Mug Cake.
I am so glad that I stumbled across this amazing program. It is fun to put together your box to send out- to share some of your favorite local goodies and homemade treats. And it is equally as fun to receive your Foodie Penpal box. I was anxiously awaiting mine that Monday morning, and couldn't wait to open the box and see what new foodie treasures awaited me.
Won't you join us next month? ;)
If you would like to see what I sent my Foodie Pen Pal, click here. :)