Hi! I am Janelle from Domestically Seasoned. I am an Art teacher, turned stay at home mom to a red headed dino boy. Enjoying my life as I become Domestically Seasoned. I’m always looking for a stolen moment to immerse myself in my own hobbies, which are numerous… Like baking, cooking, sewing, crafting, face painting, gardening, painting, writing, cooking, and thrifting. My house is less clean than it should be, and if it’s noon, there’s a good chance I haven’t had a chance to shower or brush my teeth yet today. But I can promise you, that by 5pm there is a healthy, frugal dinner on the table for my family.
I love writing about my frugal ways. Check out a post I recently wrote about my family's frugal ways.
Today I am here to tell you, for the very first time , I made Croutons.
You know the ones you toss on a salad to add a crunch.Well here goes my recipe.
What you'll need:
- old bread (not moldy)- this includes bread crusts, bagels, homemade bread you left out so it got stale.
- Baking pan and tin foil
- Olive oil to brush on
- Knife to cut up bread
- Seasonings- I used garlic, salt, pepper, and seasoning salt, and parsley
- Heat oven at 275 degrees
- Cut up breads into cubes (the size depends on your preference)
- Spread onto baking sheet
- Brush on olive oil- coat well
- Toss on your seasonings(see above)- no real measurements here- just toss to taste