Staying on budget while traveling can be challenging. I am partnering with Green Dot® Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card to stay on budget this travel season. While I was compensated for this post, all opinions below are 100% my own.
My family and I love to travel (I think you all have noticed this by now), but what we have learned from our recent travels is that it is not always cheap. In fact, traveling with a family of four can get downright expensive at times. But we have had to find ways to save money, cut corners, and budget better to get more bang from our buck, and in turn to be able to afford to squeeze in more family trips throughout the year. Our hardest challenge though when traveling is sticking to our budget. I can find all the deals on the internet, but we always seem to go over our allotted travel budget by just a smidgen almost every single time. That smidgen may not seem like a big deal by itself at the time, but those little budget overages can really add up throughout the year. When you are on vacation and away from the reality of home, work, and bills, it is easy to get caught up in the moment and splurge a little too much and a little too often.
Our biggest travel budgeting weakness? Dining out for sure!
We love experiencing the local restaurants, breweries, and wineries in the area we are visiting. But a wine tasting will often turn into 6 bottles of wine we buy to bring home. A simple dinner out will quickly turn into a full-on three course meal. It can happen fairly quickly and effortlessly with us, and we have no regrets until we get back home and back to reality... and realize we have bills waiting there for us that need to be paid.
For our traveling this summer, we are taking the Visa® Clear Prepaid challenge to stay on budget with our travel dining. Armed with our Green Dot® Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card, we plan to set a dining out budget and stick to it...
Why choose Green Dot® Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card for your travel budgeting?
- The card is 100% transparent- there are no hidden fees! Your monthly fee is clearly stated.
- You are protected by its Zero Liability Fraud Protection. If you lose your card or it gets stolen while you are away from home, you are covered.*
- You can use your Green Dot® Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card anywhere that Visa debit cards are accepted- in stores, online, & even over the phone. (Note- please do not use the Prepaid Visa® Card to rent a car or reserve a hotel room as these types of transactions usually incur a large deposit on the card making travel budgeting difficult.)
- Since the card doesn’t permit overdrafts, there are no worries of incurring any overdraft fees or spending more than you have.
- Fewer budget worries and financial hassles means more you can make more time for what matters most- creating lasting travel memories with your family! :)
*Visa’s Zero Liability Policy covers U.S.-issued cards and does not apply to certain commercial card transactions, or any transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.
Go to Visa.com/visaclearprepaid to find the Visa Clear Prepaid card that works for you!
What is your family's biggest travel budgeting weakness?
How would you use your Green Dot® Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card to stay on budget while traveling this summer?
Stay tuned, folks! I will be sharing more about our summer travel budget challenge next month... :)
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Visa Clear Prepaid and
Green Dot® Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card.