From the organized packer to the techie traveler, you will find a little something for all your favorite jet setters this holiday season with this collection of 10 Gift Ideas for the Frequent Flyer...
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this website.
While I am not sure I have earned the title of a jet setter quite yet, I do think I have established a little bit of a frequent flyer status over the past year and a half or so. When you travel by plane, you are faced with some unique challenges and restrictions. After a few flights in as many months, you realize that you would like just to streamline everything as much as possible to make getting to your gate and boarded on your flight as quick, painless, and smooth as possible.
I figured out that I hated juggling a large rolling suitcase through the airport parking lot to the shuttle while also lugging a laptop bag and a tote or purse on one shoulder. I discovered that purchasing a bottle of water once you made it out on the other side of security gets pricey. I found out that sitting towards the back of the plane is well, noisy and loud. And I figured out just what I needed to change and bring along with me to avoid all of these inconveniences of flying that I found irritating.
If you happen to already have a frequent flyer on your nice list or have a loved one on your holiday gift list that is planning on embarking on quite a bit of plane travel in 2017, then this list of 10 Gift Ideas for the Frequent Flyer is for you! :) You will find a little something for everyone here- the obsessive packers, the frugalistas, the techies, and those frequent flyers who just like to sit back, relax, and enjoy their flight...
1. Koolerton Waterproof Vintage DSLR Camera Bag: (approx. $37.99) I personally own this camera bag and love it! I would definitely say it is more for weekend trips when you know that you will snapping a lot of photos, but don't want to bring along a separate purse. This bag is stylish enough to double as a purse while out and about. It has a well protected insert with enough room for your DSLR and 1 lens, plus it has front pockets and a space inside for storing essentials like your wallet, cell phone, keys, and a lip gloss.
2. Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones: (approx. $89.00) Whether you are sitting towards the back of the plane, have a chatty neighbor on the flight, or just want a little peace and quiet on your flight, a pair of noise cancelling earphones are a must.
3. Brita Hard Sided Water Bottle with Filter: (approx. $10.39) Forget about spending $5+ on a bottle of water once you get past security! Just carry an empty filtered water bottle like this one from Brita through security and fill up at your nearest airport water fountain. ;)
4. Bagail 4 Set of Packing Cubes: (approx. $19.99) These packing cubes are great for the organized suitcase packer! I actually used this set on my last trip and loved that I could keep everything separated in their own little cubes. I used one for pajamas, another for undergarments, another for dressier clothes, and so on.
5. Vlando Travel Jewelry Box Organizer: (approx. $9.99) Who else ends up tossing all their jewelry into a cloth pouch or ziploc bag when packing? Raises hand. Well, no more! Keep your earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets organized and protected in this space saving travel jewelry box.
6. Electronics/Tech Travel Organizer: (approx. $14.99-19.99) Travel tech organizers are the perfect gift for the traveling techie! If you or your favorite frequent flyer can't board a plane without having your iPad, cell phone, Kindle, etc close at hand, then a hard cased all-in-one organizer for all those gadgets, cords, and adapters is a must for that carry on bag.
7. Samsonite Tote-A-Ton Foldable Duffel Bag: (approx. $24.99-34.99) If you often find yourself limiting your shopping purchases once you get to your destination because you lack the suitcase space, then a foldable duffel bag will become your new best friend. ;) It lays flat in the bottom of your suitcase taking up very little space, but leaving you totally prepared in case you need to check a second bag thanks to all of those souvenir purchases.
8. High Sierra Access Backpack: (approx. $39.68) This backpack has literally replaced both of my carry on bags! It is roomy and has a special tech sleeve just for your laptop (up to 15 inches). I usually toss a foldable tote into it, so I can take out any snacks, magazines, or books I would like to keep within reach during my flight. This backpack fits perfectly in the overheard compartment even when I have it stuffed full with my laptop, DSLR, jacket, etc.
9. Ventev Powercell Backup Battery: (approx. $59.99) If you have ever had a flight delayed or cancelled, then you already know the value of a good portable charger. What is the first thing that everyone does when they are stuck at the airport for a few hours? They crowd around a charging station! Maintain your personal space and keep your cell and all your gadgets charged with this backup battery. My friend Keryn from Walking on Travels actually recommended this particular one to me. It can hold up to 4 charges, and you can charge up to 2 devices at once with it which is great if you are traveling with a friend or trying to make new friends while traveling. ;)
10. Airplane Portable Footrest: (approx. $9.99) So this one is totally a novel indulgence, but I can't tell you how many times I struggle to get my feet and legs comfortable during a longer flight. There aren't places to comfortably prop your feet on a standard flight, am I right? That is where this portable footrest can come in handy! It actually attaches to your tray table and easily slips into your carry on.
What is your favorite accessory or gadget to have with you when traveling by plane?
Are you buying for a frequent flyer this holiday season?
If you loved this post, you might also like...
And be sure to also check out my friend Keryn's from Walking on Travels Ultimate Gift Guide for Travelers 2016 and my gal Rachelle's (from Food. Travel. Fun.) Best Gift Ideas for Travelers post!