From survival gear to fun keepsakes to unique hiking accessories, you are sure to find the perfect gift for that outdoorsy person on your gift list with these 10 Gift Ideas for the Avid Hiker...
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them helps support this website.
One of my highlights and biggest personal accomplishments of this past year has been my discovery of hiking and the passion that I have since developed for it. It has not only become a great way for me to reconnect with nature and to be more active, but it has also quickly become a shared passion between my teenage son and I. We pick a trail, do a little research ahead of time to see which parts of the trail will definitely be on our agenda, and then head out for a day of exploring and taking in the breathtaking beauty that our home state of West Virginia has to offer.
Now that I have a few hikes under my belt, I think I have a a decent grasp on what that avid hiker on your holiday gift list might want under the tree Christmas morning. ;) From survival gear to fun keepsakes to unique hiking accessories, there is something for the hiker of every level on this list of 10 Gift Ideas for the Avid Hiker...
1. Venture Pal Lightweight Packable Hiking Daypack: (approx. $20.99) This pack is perfect for the day hiker! Weighing less than a pound, this daypack is ultra lightweight, yet durable. It folds down into an inner zippered pocket making it perfect to toss into a suitcase or carry-on for that hiker who often flies or takes a road trip to their next hiking destination.
2. Complete Hiking & Backpacking Guide: (approx. $12.87) This book is pretty much the bible for hiking enthusiasts. It covers everything from what gear you need for different hikes, how to hike to get healthy and lose weight, and even detailed descriptions of some of the best hiking trails in the U.S. and around the world.
3. Hiking Themed Christmas Ornament: (approx. $10.00-21.99) This one is just for fun, but we love to document our favorite hobbies and new interests from the past year with a new ornament to put on the tree. This year I will be hanging the one pictured above from a bough. :)
4. Hiking Pole with Camera Mono-Pod: (Approx. $16.55) This lightweight, collapsible hiking pole is perfect for that hiker in your life that also happens to be an outdoor or nature photography enthusiast. The compass on the top of the pole screws off to reveal a camera mounting screw for your smartphone, point and shoot, or DSLR.
5. Lightweight Double Camping Hammock: (Approx. $44.99) If the hiker on your gift list loves going on all day hikes or even overnights, then a lightweight hammock that can be easily and quickly set up is a definite must. I like this one because it folds down into it's own pouch and weights just 25 ounces.
6. Hiking Themed Photo Frame: (Approx. $9.95-35.00) This is another fun gift idea for a hiker. Pick out a hiking themed photo frame or two so they can display their favorite hiking memories.
7. 17-in-1 Paracord Survival Kit Bracelet: (Approx. $12.99) Personally, I am big of the paracord survival bracelets. Though you hope you never run into a situation while out hiking that you will need it, they are nice to have with you just in case of the unexpected. This particular one has a compass, fishing hooks & line, a cord, safety pins, essentials for fire starting, and more.
8. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter: (Approx. $19.95) A LifeStraw is great for tossing into a hiking pack. The LifeStraw filters water without the use of chemicals and removes 99.9% of waterborne bacteria and parasites. Drink clean, filtered water straight from the source or from a glass or water bottle!
9. A Hiking Journal: (Approx. $6.95-19.95) A hiking journal is a wonderful way for your favorite hiker to record their hikes- which trail they hiked, what they saw, any wildlife they met along the way. The one pictured above is actually formatted with prompts making journaling each and every hike even easier.
10. Portable Solar Charger & Power Bank: (Approx. $14.99) A portable, waterproof solar charger is a must for the hiker who just can't completely unplug while out on the trails. ;) The charger can be clipped to the outside of their pack so that the solar panel is charging the power bank as they hike. It can charge most smartphones and even a GoPro camera. This charger is also great to have on hand for emergencies.
If you happen to be a hiker, which one of these gift ideas would you like to see under the tree for yourself on Christmas morning? ;)
Looking for even more holiday gift ideas? Then you might also like my...
Be sure to check out my Best Gifts to Give board on Pinterest for the ultimate collection of holiday gift guides! :)